As three quarters of coffee drinkers globally enjoy a white coffee – Nespresso, the leader in portioned coffee - launches its latest blends, expertly crafted specifically to go with milk. In a whole new approach to coffee blending, Nespresso has spent six years studying the interaction between coffee and milk to develop the BARISTA CREATIONS milk coffee range. Nespresso’s development team experimented with 18 coffee origins from around the world, focusing on the techniques of roasting and grinding, to perfect a milky coffee at home with the Nespresso milk machines.
Behind the blend
“The journey to find the perfectly balanced coffee with milk was inspired by professional baristas’ craftsmanship”, and by questioning what were our consumers’ expectations and motivation to drink coffee with milk, said Karsten Ranitzsch, Head of Coffee at Nespresso. “Our Coffee Experts therefore started by consulting consumers and it has been no surprise to learn that consumers do have different preferences and ways of consuming coffee with milk. Only after having gained a thorough understanding of it while taking the diversity of the responses into account did we start to develop our new blends, which are specifically designed to be consumed in white. Our team, comprised of coffee roasters, sensory experts, professional baristas, food scientists and engineers, embarked on this journey of exploring coffee and milk interactions to create the finest coffee blend to be drunk with milk.”
From 18 different coffee origins, around 20,000 cappuccinos were tested and over 120 coffee prototypes were produced. Through sophisticated trials, the experts pushed the boundaries of roasting and grinding in order to find the key attributes for a coffee blend to be drunk with milk. The result is the new permanent Nespresso coffee range, BARISTA CREATIONS, specifically designed for coffee recipes with milk.
BARISTA CREATIONS: the new permanent coffee range
Those looking for bitterness, acidity, body, bold flavour and aromas in their cup of coffee with milk can find it all in Nespresso’s BARISTA CREATIONS range. To match every taste, each creation has been developed for its unique alchemy with milk. From a small cortado to larger cappuccinos, a variety of recipes can be created from each one. The range is available in both Original and Vertuo capsule systems and has been extensively tested to ensure they create the perfect milk recipe for every taste. They can also be paired with plant-based milk alternatives, such as oat or soya milks. So every coffee enthusiast can now express their creativity and become their own at home barista.
Original coffee range of BARISTA CREATIONS
- Chiaro (meaning “light” in Italian) – inspired by Brooklyn baristas, Chiaro is for smooth and sweet coffee and milk recipes. With an ultra-light roast it has sweet caramel and biscuit notes when milk is added. So indulge in a sweet Cappuccino
- Scuro (meaning “dark” in Italian) – inspired by baristas in Melbourne, Scuro is for the perfect balance between milk and roasted coffee notes. Its profile is intense, roasted, and well balanced when milk is added. Make sure to create an Intenso Cappuccino
- Corto (meaning “short” in Italian) – inspired by Spanish baristas, Corto has a powerful taste and a syrupy texture for recipes with a little touch of milk. The blend is very dark, spicy, intense roasted and smoky when drunk with milk. Ideal for a Traditional Spanish Cortado
Vertuo coffee range of BARISTA CREATIONS
- Bianco Leggero (meaning “white” and “light” in Italian) – inspired by Brooklyn baristas, Bianco Leggero is for smooth and sweet coffee and milk recipes. With an ultra-light roast the blend has caramel and biscuit notes when milk is added. It is designed for a sweet Double Cappuccino
- Bianco Forte (meaning “white” and “strong” in Italian) – inspired by Melbourne baristas, Bianco Forte has an ideal balance between milk and roasted coffee notes. Its profile of this blend is intense, roasted and well balanced when drunk with milk. Experiment with a Reverso Intenso
The Nespresso milk machines: for all your milk coffee recipes
The new permanent coffee range are the perfect pairing for the Nespresso milk machines designed to bring out the textural experience of an indulgent milky coffee.
The Nespresso Latissima machines offer an exceptional convenience to enjoy the pleasure of many excellent coffee & milk recipes at home at the simple touch of a button. With Nespresso’s coffee expertise and the venturi system of the machine, white coffee drinkers can get the right milk foam for their favourite recipes.
Any coffee lover can become a barista at home thanks to the Nespresso Creatista machines. With these machines, it becomes easy to create authentic top-quality Latte Art coffees thanks Breville’s innovative, automatic and expert steam pipe. These versatile machines have adjustable settings for coffee volume, milk temperature and milk texture.
Those looking to upgrade their coffee and milk experience can also purchase a new range of spoons, which covers all recipe needs or the New Limited Editions chocolates, for those extra indulgent coffee moments.